Sunday, October 4, 2009

And They're Out...

We ate our usual Day One lunch at Whataburger (yum!) before checking into the condo. Kathy, Mike, Zach, his friend Finley and Larry & Carmen (friends of Kathy & Mike who are here, as well) ate with us.

I declared our table a kid-free zone for a minimum of 30 minutes. I sooooo needed that after spending several hours in the car with 3 kids. They were good, though, don't get me wrong.

Everyone under 18 sat at a big round booth in the corner, which was nice because the adults could have a conversation without interjecting a "shhh" or a "(fill in the name), you're being rude, mommy's talking" every 3 sentences.

We discussed the wonder of $1.00 a night Redbox movie rentals, swapped boating stories, & Larry shared the one about how his son's "big catch" got away. That was hilarious!!!

We stopped at CVS to stock up on sunscreen (where Jasmine & I found a killer sale on flip flops!). So, we're good to go there.

While I unpacked, took pictures of the condo (before we wreck it!) & blogged, Jamie took the kids to one of the pools. Then, while I took a shower Jamie took them down to walk the beach.

Hey...! I didn't touch the beach today!!! (pout, pout).

Went to Walmart this evening and bought lots of breakfast & lunch foods & plenty of snacks.

Wouldn't ya know it? We ran into Zach & Finley there while we were picking out lunch meat. They immediately dispatched themselves to insure that Kathy saw our cart (piled to near overflowing with mostly junk food) & informed her that her shopping skills leave something to be desired.

We spent a small fortune, and the checkout guy (who was SO pleasant & careful with how he bagged our items) was so slow that by the time we got back to the condo our frozen pizza was no longer frozen. Seriously! I could fold it up like a pita shell!!!

So, Jamie & I had a really good portobello & spinach pizza for dinner, Cameron had a cheese pizza, and the girls wanted Chef Boyardee's Spaghetti & Meatballs with buttered toast. Hey, it's vacation... They get what they want!!!

So, we'll eat in the condo during the day (during the few breaks we can force ourselves to take from the beach). And then we'll have some great dinners out a few times this week. Jamie & I want Chinese from P. F. Chang's. And Jasmine & I must have a seafood night. (Poor Jamie. He's not a seafood lover AT ALL & I know it's not his favorite night when we do a seafood dinner. But, he always makes sure we get one ... Just as long as we choose a place he can get a good steak) thx honey!!!

So, tomorrow I get to bust out my new bathing suit, spray on the sunscreen & and hit the beach with my stack of gossip rags. I brought the John Steinbeck novel I'm reading (Tortilla Flat) but for the first few days at least I just want to read gossip!

Jasmine is currently taking her usual 2 hour bath. What does anyone do in the tub for 2 hours? And how does she get continuous hot water? I'll never know...

Cameron & Lexi are out for the count (until the morning anyway) & I'm heading to bed, too, now.

Stay tuned for more adventures!!!







-- Posted from Wendy's iPhone

No comments: